6 days until Chris' pottery reception! He has been very busy throwing, trimming, glazing, and firing. I have been very busy making and delivering invites and fliers, baking, making lists, and stressing about the small details. I hope a lot of people come to see his work. We're at the point now where it will just be nice when it's over. The photo above is one that Chris had from college. Crystal photo-shopped the edges for us. We used it for all of our invites and fliers, and Chris wants it to be his "signature image". It's going to be on the business cards as well--ah, I have to do those still! Maybe someday we'll even have a web page. :)
Here is one of the casserole dishes that he made for the show. I made a stuffing casserole in it one day for dinner and tried to take some photos. That is definitely something I'm NOT good at yet-photographing pottery- but you get the idea.
I'm planning on taking a lot of pictures of his pots once we have them all set up for the reception so you can kinda see what he's been doing. It'll be a fun evening, and like I said, we'll be glad when it's over!

8 comments:
YAY FOR POTS!!!! Good luck, Chris!
How exciting!!! I am sure everything will go awesome!! :) You'll have to let us know how everything goes! :)
BTW - we live about 4 hours away ... Give Elsa and Gibson a big squeeze for us! :)
Wow! That is a great casserole dish! Chris definitely has a talent for pottery! I hope every thing goes smoothly and that lots of people will come.
Nice dish! I can't wait until I get to see more of Chris' pottery work - I keep hearing raves about it from the family! I hear you on the whole food/dish photography thing. I struggle with the same issues with the pictures I take for kidinthekitchen. There is a lady in AZ that pursues recipes and food photography. I've gleaned some ideas of setting up food/dish pictures from her photos. Take a look - www.picky-palate.com
That photo is so perfect! Good choice for a signature look and good luck, Chris!
I wish I could see the show! (We all need to more closer to each other). You sounds like a very dedicated business manager for the artist -- I'm sure all the hard work will pay off -- heather
I'm totally with you on the blog thing, Audra! I have to admit that I found yours before we even started ours, I think I followed a link from Josh's, and I ran across his in Adam's facebook account. It's kinda fun to find that someone who you haven't seen in a while has a blog. Gotta love technology. And speaking of love, that casserole dish is beautiful. I'm not exactly sure what the significance is of this reception, but it sounds big, so I hope everything goes well!
-Diane
Oooo, you even used the pots he made to bake it in! Impressive...
Post a Comment