Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Pitched our tent
Elsa really enjoys the story of King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon how everyone pitched their tents with their families to listen to their prophet and leader. Well, we thought it would be fun to do the same in our living room while we watched General Conference to listen to our prophet and leaders. Elsa did like the tent. Here she is enjoying it with Chris. I opted for the rocking chair. Much more comfortable for me. We really enjoyed conference these last two days.
It rained a little today. Actually, it rained a lot for here. Anyway, Elsa wanted to go play in the puddles. She likes to find the worms and then put them in the dirt with their "family". I'm just glad she'll pick them up. I don't want her to be too girly and weenie. Here are some pictures I took of her doing this same thing a few weeks ago. I didn't have the camera with me today.
Look at the worm! And yes, Elsa often chooses her own clothes.
Here's Gibson! He's still working on sitting up with out falling over-as you can see!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great idea with the tent!
Thank goodness Elsa is not too girly! I've always liked worms too. She's so cute.
And wow, Gibson is so photogenic. His skin or something is so beautiful! (I mean handsome:)) I can't explain it, but he seems to glow.
I used to play for hours with Talon in a "tent". We had great times. Haven't done that for awhile, and I'm sure Kresimir won't get much tent time with Grandma, I'm too old for much "on the floor" time! It's fun to keep up with your family.
Afton is going to love visiting Aunt Audra and Uncle Chris. So many fun projects and creative ideas. I would have never thought of a tent to watch conference. And, I second the handsome Gibson comment.
Your kids are soooo lucky to have both of you as parents. I was never a girly girl either. However worms were not something I liked to handle without the aid of rubber gloves. Gibson is a handsome young man.
Grandma Debbie
I just hope the tent was facing east...
fun idea! My kids like it when I am creative. I will keep checking your blog so I can get ideas. The waite family is the best
My trainer from my mission did a post about her conference tent with her kids too! I am beginning to see a creative trend! It's really a good idea, though.
I feel the same way about Elena- I taught her about worms, and she is not afraid to pick them up and save them. In the spring she helped me find them when I was gardening. No girly-girls for us!
Post a Comment