Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spanish from the Sky

As promised we are posting a bit more about the trip. Oh.... so many fun things an so little time to blog about them all. So this part is not about Baltimore at all, but it was one of my favorite parts about the trip. The Sunday before Audra and I flew out, we went to Temple Square (in Salt Lake City for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about). There is a nice visitors center that we walked around. Then we went up to see the large statue of Jesus. It just so happened that we were following a Spanish speaking tour group. At the statue they have a recorded message of first person quotes from Jesus that comes out of speakers in the ceiling. Since we were with the aforementioned group, the recording was in Spanish. As soon as it started playing Elsa looked up and said "Jesus is talking Spanish from the sky". It was so funny I almost laughed really loudly. She was really fascinated by the whole experience.
I know this is a bad picture, but Elsa was wiggling a lot so I went to set her down just as Audra took the picture. There was a line of people waiting to take pictures after us so this is all we got.

BTW it was snowing while we were there. Not exactly the weather we were hoping for in mid October.

2 comments:

Shayla said...

I know when that was...I drove through a blizzard that weekend! Couldn't even see the car in front of me!

BrookieT said...

That is so funny! At least the weather in Baltimore was nice, eh?