Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Here's a series of pictures of our Halloween clothes. Early in the day I took the kids to the rec center with the decorations for the Harvest party to see if I could get any decent pictures of them in their Halloween clothes. Well, here are my attempts. Photos with children are so tricky! I think this is the first one we took. We should have just stopped there. Elsa was "cheese-ing" quite well.This one's not bad either
Then, the fight over the pumpkins began "Ha, ha! I have most of the pumpkins" smirks Elsa.Followed by the eating of the straw and

removing of the straw.Let's try just pictures of Gibson....More straw grabbing,and eating.
Maybe some of Elsa?
Cheese!
Some straw retrieving of her own.Gibson in a new location. No straw over here.
One successful shot."Pumpkins are so much more interesting than mom and dad calling my name and making faces" comments Gibson.
"All of the attention is on Gibson. I'm going to be in the picture too!" asserts Elsa. We give up! I think we managed a few good shots. Needless to say, later in the evening when they both donned their costumes, I didn't make such an effort. However, you can still see how cute our little caterpillar and monster looked at the big party!

We went trick-or-treating around our block. That was enough for me! I was actually debating whether to take them at all, but when we had a few knocks on our door and Elsa saw the kids with bags getting candy she said, "I need a bag for candy! " So, we went to a few houses. The neighbors were happy to see the kids. A lot of them have grand kids that live far away, so they love to see little kids. We had a good little walk, and the weather was really nice. The Harvest Party at the Rec Center was a blast! A lot of carnival-type games. Elsa had a pretty good time, and Gibson was carried around by at least 8 different people. Elsa even helped clean up after the party.
It was a very fun Halloween, and not too stressful. We got the costumes from friends, I decided not to worry about dressing up. Chris had some time to be home during the day. Just a good day.

P.S.-I actually took the time to fix Elsa's hair. I've done this about 3 times only, so I had to take a picture. (My sister Crystal ALWAYS has Addy's hair fixed so cute. She taught me how to do this one.) Elsa is watching Chris count the candy corn for the guessing jar.


9 comments:

Debbie said...

They are just the cutest kids in the world. Your party looked really fun!! I wish so badly that we could have been there. Maybe next year we could come for the Harvest party. Love Grandma Debbie

Mom said...

Your pictures are great!!! I especially like the first one of Gibson in the new location. The kids are adorable.

dcscrivy said...

Love the hair do!!! Looks like a lot of fun, Elsa's not the stick in the mud Addy is when it comes to all this festivity stuff, maybe in time she will get better. Gibson sure is a cutie pie, we love our little men, huh!!!

kc and k said...

You should work at kiddie kandids!
Elsa's hair looks great.
Good job at being a good mom and taking them trick-or-treating. I know what the debate is like on things like that and if they are worth it.

gwen said...

Parenhood is full of opportunities: patience, hope, anxiety, experimentation, frustration, yes, even FUN! Keep up the good work. Cute pictures of cute kids!

Shayla said...

SO CUTE!!!! haha I love the bug costume!

Lowd and Proud said...

Love the pics and the hair....I'm not sure if I can do that one!

Heather said...

The straw series was classic. My favorite was Audra pulling straw out of Gibson's mouth. Your family definitely knows how to have fun!

BrookieT said...

Love the costumes! The pumpkin pics turned out very cute too. Her hair is gorgeous!