Here is the living room now:

Here was the living room a week ago.

Here is the original kitchen:

Here was the living room a week ago.
Here is the original kitchen:
Here is the Kitchen now (notice how you can see into the bathroom)
Here was the kitchen a few weeks ago

Here is the bathroom. I couldn't find an original picture of the bathroom. It wasn't worth seeing anyway.
Here is the bathroom. I couldn't find an original picture of the bathroom. It wasn't worth seeing anyway.
The bathroom is where our next focus is. We have a friend working with us in the evenings on the plumbing. We only have to replace the drain pipe now and we can insert our new shower. Then we have to do some wiring, put in the sheetrock, put in the tile, put in the toilet and sink, paint, etc and we are done. Sounds really manageable right :)
Audra and I had different reactions to ripping out the walls. I was really excited because it meant we just had to put everything back together. Audra thought that it made it look like more work. On a good note, we are only ripping off the walls in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. So once we finish all those rooms it will be smooth sailing....???
We also managed to pick out our carpet, vinyl, and counter tops in the last week. A lot of people say that if your marriage can survive building/remodeling a house then it can survive anything. We are doing very well. We both like a lot of the same colors. Audra ruled out my fetish with brown from the beginning. I am still not convinced that grey is a good bathroom color. Other than that, we have agreed on most things very well.
7 comments:
Wow. wow wow wow.
Wow, I think I agree with Audra, looks like more work. You are starting from scratch. I am glad that you easily agree on most things, is audra really making decisions, cause we have a hard time with that in our genes :) Fun to see such progress though.
Whoa! Sorry, but I also have to agree with Audra -- not having walls makes it appear like more work. That's so cool that you're moving forward so well. Hats off to you for having the patience (and energy) to do this :).
It's all looking good you guys! Funny how after a while you begin to agree on colors. I still can't agree on plaids or paisleys. We do agree on the color blue but not for everything as much as my husband may want a blue house! :-D
Way to go!! We still need to come out for a visit on our way to MT. Rushmore. That is still on our "to do" list- so don't count us out!!
The good thing about neutral colors is that you can accessorize with splashes of color. And then change them out as your mood dictates!
Love Deb
It's gonna be so nice when' it's done!
Post a Comment