Our bid on a house was accepted today!! I don't have a picture. SORRY, but I didn't drive by and take one, and I couldn't cut and paste the one from the listing....
Anyway, it needs a lot of work. So, anyone wanting to come and help, we'll pay for your gas, and provide a place to sleep and food :). We're excited because it has a lot of potential. It even has a large, heated garage where Chris can have his pottery studio. I'm excited because it has an awesome pantry, 4 bedrooms, and a family/play room!
When we're done with the roof, furnace, some electrical, overhauls of the bathroom and kitchen, painting, flooring, etc., it will be the perfect house for us! Right now we're excited for the possibilities, the learning opportunities, and the idea of owning our own home. We may be INSANE for taking on such a big project, but we've already had a lot of friends and family volunteer to help.
I promise I'll post a photo of the outside of the house tomorrow. We'll have to call the realtor to get in again, and I'm not sure when that will be, or if I'll have my camera with me. Don't worry, I'm sure this is first of two years worth of posts about the house! Wish us luck!
Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How exciting. It will be good to make the house your own by putting blood, sweat and tears into it!
That is SOO exciting!!! I am jealous! But our day will come.
Two years worth? Does that mean you are planning on moving in 2 years?
If the listing is still posted online, can't you post the MLS number so that we can look it up? I am curious to see what it looks like! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!! I'll make sure that Afton brings her painting clothes when we visit :). And ditto on the mls#. I'm dying to see it!
Let the work begin! Better just whistle while you work because it will seem never ending, believe me. But it is very satisfying when you are done with a project, nice to see the fruits of your own labor.
Carpet on the walls!!! What were they thinking???? I'm sure with your good taste and artistic eye the transformation will be truly beautiful.
Post a Comment