Here is the dining area and hall. This is the only area we plan on doing structural work in. Please take a moment and admire all the great colors. We are going to rip out the cabinets you see on the right edge of this photo. This picture does something strange with the perspective. hmmm...
Here is the kitchen. I love earth tones, but I am not a fan of this orange. The kitchen is the area in the house that is going to receive the most work. It will be completely different in the end.
This is the stairway into the basement. No, it is not a freaky room in an amusement park.
Here is a quaint shot of the glamorous living room.
The basement was finished later in the home's life, so, minus a few weird colors, it is functional and in a lot better shape than the upstairs. Fortunately, the upstairs bedrooms are in good shape too. We are going to replace the carpet in the bedrooms and re-paint, but other than that, not to much to do there. We are still in the process of getting all the estimates. We will keep you posted.
9 comments:
So exciting! There's something fun about finding something to fix up and make it the better and the way you want it. I'm so happy for you guys and this adventure! Congrats!
Wow!! The colors are straight out of the 70's. Reed and I are experienced painters. We will love to help or babysit while you paint.
Love mom
That will be nice to make it how you want it but it does look like a lot of work. :) The bright orange counters are the best, I'd keep those! :) j/k
awesome! looks great! But the stairwell really freaks me out. :)
It will be fun to follow your progress and see it turn into "home sweet home"!
That carpet is quite awesome, never seen anything like it. Fun though, it is exciting to picture it and very rewarding at the end. You are going to be exhausted for the next 2 years!!!
Wow, wow, wow! When you tear out the orange counter tops send them my way. They would bring more color to my kitchen :-). I should try putting carpet on my walls, it would probably be easier on my kids heads when I accidently run into them. Good luck with all the changes!
We had orange counters once and our kids turned out okay, maybe. We added you to our blog list. Is that okay?
Yes, this is all so exciting! In the end you will have a beautiful home! I can just see it now...
Post a Comment