Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quinceanera


Last Saturday we were invited to the Quinceanara of a friend. In the Mexican/Hispanic culture they have a HUGE celebration when the daughter turns 15 (quince). I wish I would have taken more pictures. There was excellent food, good music, and of course, lots of decorations and a huge cake. Sadly we couldn't stay for the traditional dance (that they had been practicing for weeks) and the rest of the dancing. They even had a band up from Denver. I didn't want to leave, but I was having a hard time convincing Chris that he wanted to dance! Lucky for him, we had another birthday party to get to--where we played pictionary--right up his alley.

No comments: