Here are a bunch of pictures I wanted to post that my sisters and Dad took of our fun family weekend. In December we decided that as sisters we would run in the
Teton Dam Marathon. We wanted to do the relay, so all of us, including our sister-in-law agreed to come together this weekend to run 4 or 5 miles each. It was fun to have us all together, to run "together". I wasn't going to do it, since I'm having a baby in less than two months, but I figured I could walk 4 miles in an hour. Well, we exceeding our own expectations and everyone did their leg faster than they thought they would. We finished our "marathon" in about 4hrs 33 min. We are all a little competitive, and something about the "race" atmosphere pushed us all. I even ended up running about half of my leg---and I'm still feeling it. These pictures are in no particular order, I just wanted to get them posted.
Jared and Isaac pointing at the girls climbing on the rock wall that was set up at the park after the race.

The team and the cheerleaders

Our team: Megan, Crystal, Me, Robyn, Kelly, and Michelle

We all met Kelly at the end of the last leg to run the last little bit and cross the finish line together.

Kelly running her leg

Crystal and cheerleaders finish her leg
In all the pictures of Crystal she looks so happy :)

Part of the cheering section. You can see the poster that Elsa made for me. Lots of designs and letters.

Michelle runs her leg

I'm done! Michelle's off!

Me running my leg
Megan running her leg

Robyn doing her part

Robyn again!

This was us in the "team van" at 6:30 a.m. Robyn was the first leg, so she rode the bus at 5:30. Mom and Dad drove the team, and we had a great time cheering each other through the course. What a fun event!! We have high hopes for a run next year....
2 comments:
you're awesome! I can't believe you actually ran...you go girl! When are you due?
I guess I am so out of the loop- I had no idea you wer expecting again!! You have inspired me to someday think about the possibility of running a marathon! :) j/k, it's just that even though I ran track in high school, I have always disliked doing so. I would do it if I had a bunch of family around to do it with me, for sure!
Post a Comment