Chris and I pretty much scarfed down the Japchae.
She also gave us some Myulchi. These are tiny little dried sardines. They actually don't taste too bad-if you don't mind fish. It just odd to me because they are whole little fish and their little dried eyes stare up at you, and then you EAT them! The taste really isn't bad though.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a very good picture of them, and there weren't any very good stock photos.
She also brought us homemade kimchi (a spicy, fermented, cabbage, Korean staple), which I also enjoy, except for the perma-stench it leaves in the fridge.
We're going to invite our new Korean friend over sometime while she's here to teach us how to prepare a little more of the Korean fare. That will be fun!
PS-Elsa actually likes the myulchi! She still loves seaweed more though!
7 comments:
Sorry, but i have to say Yuck! Kimchi brings back memories of nausea and pregnancy with -N-. Never got sick, but the smell, so strong! I think that I have seen the myulchi before, too. I think I would have a hard time eating something that looks back at you. Of course, my kids, they might like it! I am glad you will get to have some yummy korean food though. It is always a nice treat to eat ethnic foods you like when it is hard to find in your area.
Just in time to celebrate the Lunar New Year! (Sol-nal) So jealous. I miss celebrating it -- Tony's a no-go on Korean food. Elsa is an adventurous little girl!!!
lol! I love the pic of Chris enjoying the food. Korean eh, I've never tried it...hint hint :)
OK, I am all about trying new foods and stuff, but the eyeballs staring back at me is a little more than I think I could handle. We need to spread a little bit of Elsa's adventurous and daring side to Addy's conservative, I have never even tried jam on my sandwich, side!
This brought back memories of all the cousin-in-laws doing their Asian/ethnic cooking nights. Now that was some good eating! Amber and I still talk about the last one we had in Poky.
WE LOVE KOREAN FOOD! I learned to make several dishes from our Korean friends in Texas and here in California. Japche is one of our favorites. You are making me want some by looking at those pictures. Seaweed is another favorite. We put seaweed in our kids' lunches. I think it's so good for kids to be exposed to many differeent types of food. Good for you for doing that.
There is a Korean Family who live downstairs from my in-laws in their building, and BOY does it smell. All the time. I am glad to hear that it perhaps tastes better than it smells...
Post a Comment