Elsa and I built a snow fort. Mostly I rolled really big snow balls and piled them up while Elsa ate the snow. We though maybe this year she would have grown out of the snow eating thing. I guess we should just be happy that she stopped eating it off of her shoes all the time.
On the same day we built a snowman. He was tragically pushed over on New Years Eve and remained frozen to the ground for a few weeks. He is now standing again.
We also constructed a doll house out of diaper boxes. We will have to post a before and after picture. Here it is in the construction phase. We have since spray painted it and glued pictures from magazines inside it to give the rooms some amenities like sinks, couches, etc.
We also made a new friend Chi Chi. We volunteered to pet sit our friends chinchilla while they were gone for the holidays. Elsa LOVED Chi Chi. Audra and I loved Chi Chi because she was a very good bribery tool. As part of our nightly routine, Elsa got to help feed Chi Chi. If Elsa put up a fight about going to bed, or getting out of the bath, we would say "well, I guess I have to feed Chi Chi by myself," and Elsa would do anything we asked. Here are some photos of the routine. Oh... Elsa so kindly gave Chi Chi a nickname. It was "Chi Chi Bummer". She was really proud of the name.
5 comments:
Great pictures! I love the fort and snowman! Great idea for a doll house as well, I can't wait to see the finished project!
Ah, bribery. One of the best parent tools ever invented.
All well in Baker - saw your mom yesterday, Audra. Had to get the perm rods. Remember that?
Love, B
That is a cute doll house. Looks like you have had lots of fun!
I think Gabby (sitting just out of reach) may be the only thing that will ever motivate Afton to attempt to crawl. :). By the way, the creativity never ends (what a nice doll house).
I love the chi-chi bummer name... :) That rocks! :)
BTW - I didn't want to post your picture w/o your permission! :)
Will do now! :)
Post a Comment