After a CRAZY week, we had a little bit of fun this weekend. Here are a few photos of the fun. On Saturday it was Elsa's turn to race! I had done a 5 mile women's run the week before and the fam came to support. She was so excited for her first 1 mile event. On Tuesday night we went for a practice jog and she did pretty well, stopping to walk for short periods and then jogging again. She did a little fundraising for the event as well. So, Saturday rolled around and we were up and at it. I ran with her and we had a great little time. I thought it would be fun if we dressed alike and had "matching" hairdos. Elsa loved that! She did great! We finished in12:20. Not bad for her first time. She got 4th place out of the kids, and most importantly, we had a good time. Chris came with Gibson and Lu to cheer for us, and Lu just wanted to run too! Elsa and I came out with a few prize bags to our names also, which is always a nice little bonus.




After we got home from that, the kids played in the backyard. We are still trying to find time in our
busy lives to turn our backyard in to grass, but until then, "playing in the backyard" means playing in the dirt, and in this case, in the mud. Boy, they had a lot of fun!
Then, later in the evening it was time to set the butterflies free. One thing that was fun this time is that the kids were able to hold them for a little bit before they flew away.
There's only a few days left of school and I think Elsa's ready for the vacation. I'm looking forward to a nice summer routine, lots of bike ride, outside play, and all that summer time brings.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. You have so much fun at your house! Congrats to all.
You are a great mom! I am glad Elsa had a great time. My kids are also enjoying the dirt in our backyard.
Post a Comment