Although we have not posted on the blog, it is not for lack of things to post about. So, here's only a few things we've done the last few weeks:
We (like many places) have had an unusual amount of rain. We were even in flood warning stage for one day. Thankfully, the town didn't flood, but I believe we are still at flood watch stage. So, here's playing in the rain and puddles.
One day we had our friends over for a cupcake decorating party. Well, any time we have friends over Elsa calls it a party. I think it's great. The more parties the better! I had a bunch of frosting and flowers leftover from my cake decorating class, so we went to town on the cupcakes.
I even taught the mother of the beautiful girls above almost ALL of my amatuer decorating skills. She requested a decorated cake (by me) for her birthday. So, here is my second attempt at cake decorating. This was the first time all by myself without the instuctor there to rescue me. As per her request I made white cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting. The colors didn't quite turn out as I anticipated, but it was a fun cake to make. And it was SOOO YUMMY!!
The Rec District sponsored a Pixar themed Kiddie Parade before our local town parade a week ago. Our kids went as "Bug's Life". Elsa is a butterfly (her antannaes got left in the car, so she looks more like a fairy), Gibson a caterpillar, and my friend came to the rescue wth a ladybug costume for Clara. They had fun being in the parade an waving to everyone and then waiting for the parade to come. We always get WAY too much candy at the parades, and this year we got Fat Boy ice cream bars too!
Elsa had her first T-ball game. I am helping coach and it has been a lot of fun for me. I think Elsa mostly enjoys it. Some days she doesn't want to go to practice, but she always seem to have fun there. Our first scheduled game got rained out, and we're heading to Oregon next week, so this will be her only game. Sad.
Made it to 1st!
Made it to 3rd!
Made it home!---We played with no outs--which was odd to me, so ALL the kids made it home, eventually. Some of them just forgot to run, or ran to the wrong bases, etc. Normal t-ball stuff.
Getting some help from coach mom
Gibson was a great cheerer. He enjoyed watching and even wandering onto the field once.
Well, those are just a few of the things we've been doing! I taught a cooking camp at the rec center, Chris has had a slew of wonderful programs. I dressed as a pirate and read at library story time one day. Gibson got a hair cut, Lu is crawling EVERYWHERE and getting in to EVERYTHING, but continues to be as happy as can be. This week we're getting ready to head home for a few days!! Yay!!
4 comments:
Looks like you've been busy and having fun at the same time! Have fun in Oregon
So does Elsa hit like a Bedard? Or does she swing hard? Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun, can't wait for the weekend!
Wow!! So busy....but looks like fun. Can't wait to see everyone. Elsa's T-shirt can soon be a Nightgown for sleeping. Love Gib-mans haircut. And sweet little Lu! Just love her. See ya soon.
Puddles, cupcakes, cake decorating (and eating) and baseball all sound like fun to me!! Elsa looks so cute running her bases. I remember loving t-ball but it only gets better as they get older.
Post a Comment