Today we decided to beat the heat and go "up on the
mountain" for a little hike. Chris actually had the day off (which hasn't seemed to happen lately, even on Saturdays), so we headed up the
mountain. The kids were excited to go for a hike and we decided on a little hike to a small lake that I went to last year with the 4
th year girls for Young Women Camp. Here are some pictures of our little hike. The kids were good hikers and only spent very short stints (one small turn each) in the back pack. We did have to use a little ice cream cone motivation to get them to hike the rest of the way. We estimate the hike was almost 2 miles there. Gibson kept saying, "It's a beautiful day." and "look at all the pretty trees". Elsa spent a lot of time collecting rocks (reminds me of her Auntie Megan at the same age) and checking out the wildflowers. She hiked a little slower because she had her hand in her pocket the whole time to make sure she didn't drop any of those precious
pieces of granite. Here's the crew checking out fish in the creek.

Here's me with Gib. I was glad for the slow pace :) Wasn't a problem, but I did want to document my hike. (only 5 more weeks til the baby comes--we're scheduled for the c-section Aug 6)

Here's the happy hikers. Chris couldn't find his hat, so he grabbed this straw hat from the "dress up" box. It provided the shade he wanted.

The hikers on the last stretch. Gibson at this point was saying, "strawberry, vanilla, huckleberry, delicious!" in anticipation of the ice cream he was going to get for hiking all the rest of the way!
5 comments:
Audra your kids are so cute!! I don't think I knew you were expecting (or I did and lost that bit of info with all the OTHER pregnant ladies right now, too!) I have my c-section in 10 days on the 13th!! :) Are you having a boy or girl?!
Wow! What a fun hike. The kids did really well. I can't wait to bring them home with me. We can make some yummy homemade ice cream while they are here. That's some bad hat Chris!
I am a little envious of you being able to hike. My hips have been giving me fits this last trimester! I didn't know that your c-section is scheduled for my b-day...I am feeling very honored! :) Good luck with everything, your kids are growing so fast, and they are cute!!!
That looks GORGEOUS! I wanna go hiking too. :( Were your first two c-section as well?
How fun! I would promise ice cream too. We will miss seeing you at the family reunion.
Post a Comment