Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

bike and birthday

Here Elsa is enjoying her favorite present of all. Our good friends (who have 4 girls) had a surplus of bikes, and they gave on to Elsa. We just slimed the tires and put on training wheels, and she was off!! She rode all the way down to their house (7 blocks) to tell them thank you. That was pretty good for her first day on the bicycle instead of the tricycle.

Ya know, I'm just going to post about these pictures in the order they posted. The young women in our ward had a fundraiser to help with the expenses of their camp this summer. we went to the chili dinner on Wednesday night. I had signed up to bring something for the baked goods auction as well. So, in a flurry I threw together these cake bites (left over cupcake mixed with left over frosting, rolled into balls, frozen, dipped in almond bark, topped with melted chocolate chips. I drizzled the bowl with chocolate sauce) and put them on a bowl that Chris made so that it would actually be worth something. I was really proud of my quick thinking with all of my left over ingredients. I just didn't think a ladybug cupcake would do Chris' bowl justice.

Here's Elsa on her birthday morning opening her present from Grandma B.


Here she is that night blowing out her candles. The cake looks much better from this angle.


Here she is passing out her cupcakes to her preschool class. Gibson and I visited and he was so funny to just sit in his little chair and be part of the class.

Oh and here is a (poor quality) video clip of Elsa riding her "new" bike. This was less than 5 minutes after we got it all ready and she got on. She's a natural. She even has the whole pedal backwards to brake thing down already.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow Elsa...you are such a grown up girl. It must be great being 4. Glad you had a wonderful birthday week. Thanks for letting us share your birthday via blogs. Wish we could have been there. I love you, Grandma Debbie

Debbie said...

P.S. I would like to make a bid on the cake bites and bowl.

Heather said...

I agree. Riding a bike makes Elsa seem so grown up! Crazy how time flies. It sounds like you made her birthday very special! Can't wait to see you!

Claudia T said...

Happy belated birthday Elsa! You are quite the 'quick thinker' my fiend! And you look great! I just read your previous post and saw your pic...your kids are adorable too :)
-claudia

LindsC said...

I was sad I got outbidded on your cake bites and bowl. What great talent you guys have! :) and I love how grateful Elsa is. :) what a good Mom she has.

BrookieT said...

Those cake bites we oh-so-creative, and I'm sure very deliecious as well. You astound me with your skillz!