Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Shut up floor, I know I'm balding
What time is it.... 1:15 a.m. Why am I awake....I'm waiting for the floor to dry enough so I can turn off the lights...which leads me to this post. Sorry no pictures again. For the last week we have been refinishing our wood floors. It was fun for the most part. They look so much better. However, I learned one thing about myself... I am losing my hair at a much faster rate than I ever imagined. We started applying the finishing coat in the smallest room. I noticed a few stray hairs in the floor which I carefully removed between each coat with my fingernails. Not too much of a problem. Then we moved on to the larger rooms. WOW! Each coat revealed colonies of hair. Needless to say, I did not spend too much time removing them all. On one of the websites I used as a reference before we started doing the floor, it discussed hair and other such things getting on the coat. They talked about removing it, but said that it should get sanded down an removed after normal wear and tear on the floors. Lets hope so. Our computer is temporarily setup again in our kitchen so hopefully we can give you a full account of the floors soon. We are just glad they will be done before our visitors arrive on Monday. Oh... just in case any of you mistook the author if this post to be Audra, it is not. Audra does lament that she is getting grey hairs, but she is not balding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's so sad to be reminded you are aging...I feel that way every time I see all the crows feet developing around my eyes, or my feet hurt for no real reason, or my roots reveal WAY more gray than I thought I actually had....
I was wondering about the author. :) I am sure that the hair with sand itself off and the only signs of balding will be...
More than half of the general authorities are bald.
Bald is beautiful!
Bald IS beautiful. The only thing I did not like about being bald was that I got so cold. Of course, the difference is that I knew after my chemo, mine would actually grow back. So here is where I am supposed to sing, Na na na na na na........ tee hee! (Oh I better be nice or you will take back your offer to battle my snakes..)
Post a Comment