This year we had a really fun Yellowstone camping trip. We went a little earlier this year and the weather was great! We were actually HOT! We stayed at Bridge Bay campground this year. I would highly recommend it to anyone with small children. There was a path from the campground right down to Yellowstone Lake that provided hours of entertainment for everyone.
Grandma Debbie came to visit the week before our trip, so she came with us and then headed back home from there. On Friday we left in the morning and had a fun day at Sylvan Lake, picnic lunch, hike to Storm Point, setting up camp, meeting up with Robyn and family, all ending in delicious banana boats!! Yum!
It appears that my camera was MIA for Saturday. We hiked to Natural Bridge, played at the Lake, Elsa and cousins K and L got their Jr. Ranger badges with much ceremony, and we ate and headed home. It really was a fun trip! So glad we have a fun tradition to do it. We love Yellowstone, and I think that if we didn't have this little tradition, we may not take the time to enjoy and explore it like we have.
Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What fun! Yellowstone is on my list (I haven't been there for over 20 years!), so someday I may call you up and see when you are going... and then tag along :). Hope all is well!
Looks like fun! The kids and I LOVED yellowstone when we went a couple years ago, but there is definitely much to explore! Oh and I have to say I haven't had a banana boat in YEARS, I must introduce them to my family!
That hike we took was so fun. Beautiful Lake and lovely sandy beaches. The kids were real troopers too. I love Yellowstone. So many beautiful things to see and do. And...the banana boats were divine!
I finally added picts to facebook of our trip, so you can copy some if you want. Love being so close to such a great place.
Post a Comment