Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Friday, December 18, 2009

A bedtime song and story

This is Elsa a few weeks ago singing us our bedtime
Christmas song. She has since learned the rest of the verse. She loves to sing. Enjoy your bedtime song.

And next up we have Gibson reading "Goodnight Moon". He loves this bedtime book. One evening when Chris was at work I sat the kids down and they "read" books while I finished cleaning up the kitchen. I'll have to admit it was one of those moments when you are glad to be a Mom. They were just sitting at the table reading so peacefully and sweetly. I really did try to appreciate the moment. I even managed to catch a little of it on video. I didn't catch the best part because I didn't have the memory card in the camera, then the batteries died, and THEN I finally caught a few moments.

Those of you who are familiar with the book will notice phrases like "'Night moon, 'night chairs, 'night air, 'night kittens, 'night clock, 'night brush, 'night cow, 'night star," etc. This video is actually a few short clips strung together. Enjoy your bedtime story.

7 comments:

Claudia T said...

Those 2 videos are priceless! We gave that book to Jacob on his 1st bday and he used to love it to...we haven't read it lately though...
I just read your previous post too and your house is just gorgeous! You guys have worked so hard to get it where it is, and it shows! Congratulations on such beautiful children, and such beautiful house too :)
-Claudia

dcscrivy said...

Those are both really sweet. I love that the boys are getting better at talking and we can finally start to understand them. Elsa will always be a singer, just like her momma!

Shantel said...

I love those sweet little voices. What cuties you have!

Heather said...

loved it! I love all of Elsa's songs! Gibson has such a sweet voice too. so much to look forward to when A-baby and I visit!

Debbie said...

Well I finally got to preview the videos at mom's. Too cute.

LindsC said...

Very cute! I love those heart warming mommy moments too! :)

lindsy said...

Hey Audra, sorry be comment kind of off topic. I was wondering if you could give me your mom's email address or pass along a note to her. I was in 4th ward when she gave a (great) talk after Christmas and she used (or suggested??) a talk by Chieko Okasaki from 1993 I think about our presence in our families. Anyways, I'd love to be able to find it. My email is bax3ter@hotmail.com. .... THANKS!! (I love your new family picture on your sidebar!)