Gibson and the baby elephant
Heather, Elsa, and Afton (thanks for the clothes Grandma Debbie)
Afton and Gibson
So we just got back from a trip to Salt Lake City. It was almost the best vacation ever. Our kids were amazing, which was a great surprise. I had a conference there. Audra and the kids came along to visit family and spend some time away from "the project" also known as our house. We drove through a blizzard on the way there. Yes, a blizzard. Our car actually started acting strangely. We stopped to check it out and there was so much ice in the wheel well that when the tires expanded at high speeds, they rubbed on the ice and made the car shake. We went to a car wash and sprayed all the ice off. After that there was no incident.
We started the trip off visiting Crystal and Dan (Audra's sister for those of you who don't know). The funniest part of that stretch of the trip was when Elsa and Addy were having a slumber party in Addy's room. Elsa was...shall we say a little excited. After a lot of talking, Addy finally went to sleep. Elsa kept coming out and going to the bathroom, needing snacks, etc. Finally, I put her back in the room and told her to "GO TO BED", with a few threats. A few minutes later, I hear talking in the bedroom (think 11:00 at night, way past bedtime). I opened the door to find Elsa with a doll house and a stack of dolls on Addy's bed. Addy said to me in a very confused and sleepy voice "she wants me to play dolls with her". It was so funny that I just cleared the dolls off of Addy's bed and put Elsa back in her bed so she wouldn't see me laughing. It was probably one of those "you had to be there" moments, but those of you who have visited and know Elsa will understand.
After some fun time with Dan and Crystal, we stopped by Heathers. We had a fun time visiting the ducks with baby Afton. The pictures from above are from that part of the trip (minus the elephant picture). We checked into our hotel that night. It was AMAZING. It was the Residence Inn in downtown Salt Lake. It was larger than the first apartment Audra and I lived in. It had two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. It also had a kitchen and a living room/dining room area. Oh... it also had three TVs. It was perfect for us. Gibson slept in one of the bathrooms with the fan on. Elsa had her own bed. The best part is Audra and I had our own room with no little children waking up and saying "mom, I see you" all night.
We had a lot of fun and if Audra or I actually have more time in the next few days, we will fill you in on some of the other fun stuff we did..... Audra says "don't count on it" though.
5 comments:
Hey thanks for the info and ideas. We are meeting tomorrow to talk more about it and get flyers made to advertise, so I will tell them that stuff. We just have a small club, no workout rooms for fun classes, but hopefully we can come up with something like that to encourage participation. If this actually works out and we do it, I'll let you know how it goes!
I am glad that your trip went well and so glad you could come visit us for a few days. The night incident was pretty funny! I am glad there were no storms on the way home. Sounds like a good and well deserved break for you guys!
Sounds like you had a good trip. I wish we had known you were in town so we could say hi. That hotel sounds really nice! Elsa is a cutie!
Glad that you all had a great time. The kiddo's look sweet in their Halloween outfits. Looks like they love the zoo. Elsa looks so grown up. Especially in the photo that Heather posted on her blog.
Hey, come see us next time you are in SLC. We live just a mile north of Heather. We'd love to see you guys. Or we could come over to Heather's for a visit. Let us know. Heather has our numbers.
Carrie Huntsman Jones
Post a Comment