Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Crown Jewel

Here it is, the coolest part of our house. They are 2x2 gloss Interceramic shimmer blend autumn mosaic tiles for our back splash.

I think they look good with the counter top. Here is a small sample of our counter top. Sorry for the bad photo:

Here is my 5:00 a.m. project. Our friend and I started this morning. I came home and finished on my lunch break. Tomorrow the installer will come to put in the vinyl.

And lastly, what is a post without a good kid shot. Here is our Gib-man playing in the puddles. We had A LOT of rain this last week. We also had another super storm that knocked down trees. It blew away the big sign in front of my work that advertises our programs. I was convinced there was going to be a tornado. We had a small one a week ago about 15 mls south of our town. But alas, I have still not seen a tornado, not that its a bad thing.

This picture of Gibson reminds me of ET. Do you remember when they were all riding on the bikes and he makes them fly? Don't all the kids have on hoodies and sweats like this???
The other big news for the day is our other friend came over tonight and sprayed primer in the kitchen and one coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling. I am going to try and get some of the walls painted after this post. I feel hyper productive since Audra and the kids are visiting family out of state. I do miss them though. But, it was nice not to have two grumpy kids awake at 5:00 in the morning while we laid the underlayment.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I absolutely love the tile and countertop. Looks like everything is going well. See you next week.
Love mom

LindsC said...

I love love the tile!!!!

Also gibson in the puddle is priceless.