And for those with a keen eye, yes, her shirt is on backwards. She dressed herself.
Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.
Monday, May 11, 2009
The other day Elsa and I were playing outside while Gibson was napping. I thought I should make good use of the extra-long dandelions decorating our lawn. Elsa was was very excited about her crown, and I was very excited that I took some pictures that actually looked decent. I think I inherited some of my mother's picture-taking skills. And since I couldn't decide which photo to post, you can look at both of them. Another key in the "successful" photo shoot. Ask Elsa to say "cheese". When I ask her to smile, I still get the "funny face" with the fingers pulling the mouth out. We still thank Grandpa Reed for that one! Oh, one more thing. She is standing in front of the flowering almond. We're going to miss that little tree when we move. Maybe we'll ask if we can come get a starter next Spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very cute pictures! She looks a lot like Debbie in that last one. By the way, did you know you can eat the dandilion greens. Just boil or steam them and they taste like spinich! This is a good thing to remember when a real crunch comes and you have no money for food! : )
I love the dandelion crown. Very fitting for a beautiful princess! Elsa, I can't wait to come and visit you. You are going to love the new book I bring!!!!! Love Grandma Debbie
I have a few dandelions in my yard you can come pick and put to good use! Very creative and cute.
Very lovely! What a creative mom you are. I forgot all about the crowns we used to make, and the necklaces and the bracelets. We usually used those clovers though.
Pretty soon dad won't have me spray the dandelions in the yard so Elsa can use them.
Post a Comment