Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

6 days to go...

This week was a whirlwind! We were so lucky to have my parents here at the beginning of the week to help with the electrical in the "work house". We worked hard Monday and Tuesday. I think my Mom took the hardest job of all-with the kids. She seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed being the electricians helper and getting so much done in two days!! It really was amazing! I wished they could have stayed longer, but was very grateful that they took the time to come all the way to help us. Sadly, I was so busy working I didn't take a SINGLE picture! Oops!

Wednesday we got a hold of the guy we hired to help with the sheetrock. He started Friday afternoon and will probably be done Tuesday or Wednesday. He was really speedy at hanging that sheetrock! It's almost WEIRD to see the walls with sheetrock on them. However, it is VERY refreshing! Like this may actually be a house again!

A funny little story. The "sheetrock guy's" name is Armando. We had to meet up with him at the house several evenings this week to get everything lined out for the job. I would tell Elsa,"We need to go to the work house to talk to Armando". Anyway, after we went there one afternoon Elsa asked, "where's Daddy's Mando?". Then, I heard her playing with her dolls, "this is her Mando", "this is your Mando". It really cracked me up. Evidently in her mind "our Mando" is Armando, the sheetrock guy.

So, we move next Saturday, ready or not! Yes, that is in 6 days!! At least we will have walls. We have a crew from church coming to help paint and clean for a few days, and I've got babysitters lined up almost all week so I can get packed! We'll make it! We're going to get the basement all painted and cleaned and move into there. We've already got the oven hooked up in the garage. Hey, who wants to cook in the kitchen in the summer anyway, right? Hopefully we're only a few weeks out on our kitchen getting done. Our vinyl and cabinets arrived this week!

I guess that's it for now. Who knows when we'll be posting again....maybe I'll remember to take some pictures of the walls after we get them painted....maybe not....maybe I'll take pictures but I won't post them.....maybe I'll go crazy this week!!

6 comments:

Carly said...

HI AUDRA! This is Carly Isaacson! I'd love to invite you guys to our blog! :) just email me, carlycarlson@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite! You have way cute kids!

Tiffany said...

Miss Audra! Found your blog via baxter-polkowske. What a cute little family and an exciting house project. I really was digging those orange countertops though. Those are classic. Hate to see 'em go.... :)

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you!!! (What a lot of work, though, in the big push to get from one place to another....) Afton and I really will come visit sometime! We promise.

Robyn said...

You're sounding a little crazy already! :) Moving time is always so hectic. Nice to have ward family to help you out.

kc and k said...

Hopefully your mando did a good job:) I'm exhausted just reading about what you have to do this week! It's very exciting!

strivingforsunshine said...

Wow! I am so very impressed. Good luck with the move.