Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Crazies!

We were excited to go home for Christmas this year!  The kids were really excited to see thier grandparents and cousins too.  Unfortunately, it seems my camera was MIA most of the time, so I only got a very few pictures.  We were very busy building up to going home.  When we were in Orlando some people called asking me to take on their two kids as daycare kids.  I initially said no, then called back and said I would take them until Christmas break to buy them some time to find someone permanent to do it.  The kids were great little boys.  My little boy and girl were not used to the extras around, and made for some long days for Mom/babysitter.  And THEN, just before the last week of school al friend of our's went in to have her baby.  she ended up having a c-section and her husband had to go back to work out of town, leaving the other five children home with recovering mom and newborn.  So, we had two of those boys stay at our house for 4 or 5 days also!  It was a crazy place around here!  Needless to say, we were all ready for the vacation and time with family!

Christmas was, of course, wonderful.  We were able to see so much family and spend time with them.  Chris actually had a decent chunk of time off, so he stayed there the whole time with us, which was very nice for me!  I really love Christmas, and I was sad when we took the decorations and tree down.
Now, the pictures:
First off, Elsa all decked out for her Christmas program.  She wanted her hair "curly-Shirley" and I did my best.  She sang great that night!! 



Gibson and Chris have a sword fight with the swords that Santa brought.




A spontaneous hug and exclamations of "this is the best day ever" on Christmas morning.

No comments: