One of the many things that Elsa enjoys doing is writing stories. She tells them to me and I type them on the computer. I try to stay true to her wording and punctuation, as it is dictated to me. The stories always crack me up. Here's today's story.
Once upon a time there was a little dinosaur and then a person came by and it was a girl person and other deer came to her by the dinosaur and it was a baby dinosaur and then they came closer, and closer, and closer, and then one finally talked to the dinosaur and then the little girl took the baby dinosaur to dance class and while she was there she kept her dinosaur in her bag and didn’t show anyone except her mom. Just her mom. And then the little girl was named Alicia and when Alicia was done with dance class she skipped home and her mother told her to go to the farmer’s farm and collect some potatoes. The End
Now, let's backtrack a little. Elsa had told me she wanted a flower cake so we went online to look for pictures. We found one that she liked. She was very certain she wanted pink petals and a yellow center. We started about 5 days early by baking the cake. Then, we had plenty of time to trim it, make the frosting, crumb coat it, frost and decorate it. It gave us something exciting to do each day. There was a church dinner and cake auction fundraiser on Wednesday, so we took Gibson's cake there. He was very proud of the cake her helped to decorate. I outlined the flower and then made a thinner glaze so he could "paint" in the other frosting. I felt it was pretty successful.
| Gibson shows off his cake |
| Gib's cake-ready for the fundraiser auction |
And here is Elsa with her cake-and frosting spoon in hand. I tried to star-tip the flower petals and center, but Elsa was too impatient and wanted to do it herself, so she just spread it around. She did all of the white frosting too. She is very careful when it comes to these type of things.
| Elsa's cake-almost completely done by herself |
| she carefully placed the hearts around it |
| elsa had the table all set and ready for birthday cake |
| even a 5 yr old still needs her blankie |
| ready to wish! |
Elsa had requested a heart pizza for her birthday dinner. When she talked to Grandma Debbie she told grandma that we would put pictures on the computer so she could see the pizza. So, Elsa wanted to take a picture at every step of the process.
Next up: Random photo. In the package that my mom sent for Elsa she sent me this shopping bag. :)
| my mom sent me this. it is so me! |
A few other random photos:
| Ready for church with baby Bo Peep |
| Lu is always happy-especially when it's time to eat! |
4 comments:
Your Elsa needs to meet my Lorelei, because I think they would get along famously. They sound just alike. Your kids are adorable!
What a lovely week!! The cake and the pizza look delicious....wish I could have been there to watch Gib-Man so that the party could go on. Happy 5th Birthday Elsa. We love you to the moon and back.
P.S. Get well Gibson : )
Great photos. I love the idea for writing down (typing) her stories. You are so awesome to do fun cakes. I use too. I love the shopping bag. I should get one too (although Russ has weedled some of my frugality out of me). Great post
Post a Comment