Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy it. We blog mainly as a way to keep in touch with our far away family members, but have enjoyed keeping up with friends as well. We'd love to hear from you, so please comment. If you would like to link us on your blog, please don't use our last name or location. Thanks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Watching "Emma"

So, I saw and heard that PBS was going to be showing a version of Jane Austen's Emma. I thought, "there must be a way I can watch this online". Indeed, there is. So, we just finished watching the second episode. You can watch it here. The resolution is poor, but hey, it's better than nothing. Anyway, we were browsing the links on the sidebar and I spotted a QUIZ!!!! Nothing better than a quiz to remind me of those stupid "Seventeen" magazine quizzes that my friends would have me take on High School sports trips. Yes, I stooped low enough to take the "Bachelors of Highbury Quiz". While, I was truly hoping, of course, for Mr. Knightley, evidently Mr. Martin is the one for me. Yep, the poor farm boy. He is, however, "Good natured, hardworking, and devoted to his family". Among many other fine qualities that it listed once he was the defined one for me. I really think the whole reason I got him is because "'bad-boy' behaviour is not in his vocabulary". That DEFINITELY fits me.

It's a fun show to watch for any Jane Austen fans out there, and the quiz is just about as fun as any other. If you take it, let me know who your bachelor is. Oh, here's the quiz.

P.S. Chris sat right by me while I took the quiz and he TOLD me to post this.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I took the quiz. I got Mr. Knightley. I haven't watched "Emma" for a long time. I guess I will have to see if the library carries it since I missed it on PBS.

Stacey said...

I got Mr. Knightly too, although I am not really sure how. He doesn't like drama and my life is full of it. I love Jane Austen anything, I have read Pride and Prejudice about 8 times in the last 3 years and it gets better everytime I read it. I am very excited to watch this version. The guy that plays Mr. Knightly was on a show I watched on ABC (Eli Stone) that got cancelled but I liked him. Anyway thanks for the tip!

Suzanne said...

I too got Mr. Knightley! Makes me curious as to your answers! Janelle and I have discussed having a "Pride and Prejudice" movie party with all the girls who enjoy Jane!

Monica said...

I was sure I was going to end up with Mr. Martin, but I got Mr. Knightly too! I copied his qualities and e-mailed them to Russ to let him see what is expected of him :-).

Heather said...

I got Mr. Martin, but Emma is one of the couple Jane Austen books I haven't read. I best get going on it... But I can't let Tony know I"m back into Austen. He won't admit it, but he's jealous of Mr. Darcy.... :)